Rye Trick or Treat Announced
The Rye Select Board has approved Trick or Treat in Rye on Saturday Oct 31 from 5-7pm. Below are some suggestions for those participating.
Homes who participate in Trick or Treat:
- Only give out pre-wrapped items
- Wear a mask when handing out and collecting treats
- Give out items outside or in a way to keep 6 feet of distance (such as behind a storm glass door) and replace treats before each round of visitors
- Do not hand treats directly to kids
- Put out hand sanitizer
For Trick or Treat participants:
- Parents and kids should be in small groups, preferably family members only and within your neighborhood
- Avoid large groups and going inside homes
- Maintain social distancing while Trick or Treating
- Carry hand sanitizer (gloves are not recommended)
- Wear protective masks (this may be part of a costume if it's cloth)
- If a home does not want to participate, please leave all front lights off
STAY AT HOME IF YOU ARE NOT FEELING WELL OR HAVE HAD CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS COVID-19.